Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy points

Happy Point # 1:  I ate the first strawberry from my garden this morning.

Happy Point # 2: I mixed in a bunch more veggies into the back gardens this year than I've ever done before, and so far it's been a success. I already have more (green) tomatoes in my gardens this year than I had total last year.  There are also beets, carrots and onions, none of which I've grown before.  So far, they seem to be doing well.

Happy Point # 3: In case you aren't sick of garden talk or poppies, another pink poppy is blooming today.


Happy Point # 4: There is a sold sign in front of the evil neighbour's house.

5 comments:

  1. It's all good! Congrats on your successes. The poppy is gorgeous. Especially congrats on the Sold sign . . . but I guess the celebration can't really begin until escrow closes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the poppy pic's coming, they're gorgeous. Kudos on the veggie garden! Be sure to let us know when escrow closes, then we'll all celebrate for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, we don't have escrow in Canada. Offers are made with conditions, and the sale of the house is considered final when the offer is accepted with the conditions met. Generally, people want to continue to show their house until the sale is final, so, the sign doesn't go up until the the house is officially sold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CH and I shared our first strawberry the end of last month. It was a very petite ripe sweet strawberry. We each had a very petite bite. The squirrels ate every last dang one of them before we could get to anymore. In front of us. Early. In the morning. With sweet, pink strawberry juice dripping down their little brown strawberry thieving hands. Enjoy your strawberries Janice and you can bet we will be hustling our a$$es out to get our beans and 'maters before anyBODY else gets to them. On happy point #4, I predict an interesting rest of the summer. Hope you are going to have some good neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RR - there were three strawberries that I had to throw out. Robins, or some other bird had eaten half of them. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd do like your squirrel and stick around, but these birds dine and dash. They're very stealthy.

    ReplyDelete