Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No More Ears

I honestly wasn't planning to follow up yesterday's blog entry this way, but Jen and the Bullies invited Tula and I to go to the dog park with them tonight.  There are ponds at the dog park, and Tula loves them.  She's a total water baby, and I don't normally stop her from running into the ponds because they usually aren't any deeper than her knees.

I forgot how much it's been raining, and before either of us knew it, she was under water.


(How come red eye reduction doesn't fix green eyes?)        

She went back again, and again and again.  I swear, she yelled Cowabunga once as she jumped in from a raised bank.  She could have happily swam all night, but eventually I'd had enough.  In fact, I'm pretty sure she's giving me the stinkeye in that picture because I made her come home.

Or maybe it was because I hosed her down to remove the smell of eau de pond scum.  It was either that, or she'd be sleeping in the garage tonight.

Either way, the floofy ears - a result of over an hour of grooming - are now gone.

4 comments:

  1. She's still adorable. And I know "the look", it's been given to me more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine her swinging from a vine and howling cowabunga at the top of her lungs, plus she's a little mick jager in that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tah-lu-lah-lu-lah's floofy ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got an awesome pet there -- can't help but look at that pic and smile...

    ReplyDelete