Thursday, June 3, 2010

This, not that

What I've done on my vacation:
  • Painted the new dresser four times.
  • Unclogged the bathroom drain
  • Made jam
  • Cooked, cooked and cooked some more
  • 11 loads of dishes in the dish washer
  • Woke up at 5:00am to a cat exploding at both ends
  • Supervised (aka pestered) foundation repair guy
  • Set my alarm for obscenely early hours too many times
  • worked with roofer to design new dormer/overhang over front door
What I haven't done while on vacation
  • napped
  • slept until noon
  • watched movies
  • napped
  • gardenened
  • worn anything other than pj's or stretchy pants
  • napped

2 comments:

  1. The 5 a.m. cat thing sounds just awful - and like something that would happen in Old Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate too easily to the exploding cat(s). And why, in a house with only one round rug under the living room table and a hallway runner, do they need a rug? What's wrong with exploding on the bare floor, preferably in a lit area where I see it before I step in it barefoot? Aside from that, I think you misunderstood the whole premise of the vacation thing. Transpose the lists and go for it again.

    ReplyDelete