Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Random Rainy Day Thoughts

It's been pouring rain for three days straight.

The garden along the south of the house is dry because the house is sheltering it from the rain. I'm glad I've got a privacy fence so that people don't see me out in the pouring rain, watering my garden.

My basement is flooding again. I don't want to talk about it.

I went to the dentist last night. 8 years of braces and biweekly (painful) checkups and a broken jaw have led me to having an extreme dislike for dentists. It may have been a while since my last checkup. Both the dentist and the technician were torn between telling me off for the length of time between visits, and complimenting me on the good condition of my teeth. I choose to focus on the good condition of my teeth.

... I am thinking of having my teeth whitened, though, and my dentist says he'll refuse to do it unless I go see him every six months for at least a year. I might need to change dentists.

Speaking of which, my health care insurance through work pays for 80% of my dental care. Even so, my bill - 20% of the total bill - came to $68. I think I might go back to school and learn to be a dentist.

Not being a dentist, and not having money to spare, I decided to buy replacement windshield wipers and put them on my car myself. Because I'm something of a boob, I couldn't figure out how to remove the old wipers. It was pouring rain outside, and when the salesman saw me struggling, he came out & switched them for me. Had I made an appointment and driven my car into the building for that work, it would have cost $50 in labour. He only charged me for the parts. Gotta love dealerships. (But kudos to the salesman.)



3 comments:

  1. Kudos to the lady who's so smart she simply appears to be a boob bring out the chivalry in the salesman so he would come out and replace the wipers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the image of you watering in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be the only time a Salesman got it right. For sure you'll be back because of his kindness.

    ReplyDelete