Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Questions


As I sat at my window and watched two women walk up my driveway and swipe a roof tile from the pile, I was held inert by a number of questions:  What were they thinking?  Why would they think that's OK?  Why would they possibly want a roof tile? Would they beat me up if I told them to put it back?  Would I beat them up if I pushed past my shock and approached them?  How many more tiles have been taken this way?  Should I charge $20/tile for any leftovers once the roof is finally done?

As if that's not enough questions for the day, I have more:

What am I going to do for Christmas if I don't go to San Diego?

Would it really have been so bad if I'd passed on the dinner of chicken, asparagus and cauliflower tonight, and had a bowl of icing instead?

When you're in the washroom and the woman a few cubes down passes gas rather loudly, is it unreasonable to expect a mumbled 'excuse me'?  Should I stay in my cubical until I hear her leave the room so that I don't know who she is, and don't have to look her in the eye from across the boardroom table?  Or, does what happen in the cubes stay in the cubes?

The stitches at the top of the pleats on this shirt - are they basted, or should they stay there?




If they're basted, does that make me a complete and total boob for having worn this shirt to work multiple times with the stitches intact?

By the way, is that pattern retro chic or crazy-ass bad?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe a sign that says, "these tiles are for the haz-mat crew, please touch at your own risk." Just a thought. (This heat does that to me).

    I'm sure the stitches are there for a reason. If only to make you wonder why they're there. And remember, you are your own woman, if you want to wear a shirt with basting on the top, that simply shows your individuality. Maybe you should run a basting line across a few more. (Again, it must be the heat.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basting to hold down the pleats and that retro chic.

    As for the tile I would have let them know I was home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice I am sort of afraid to admit to you that I don't know what the heck basting is. But you can bet I will be googling it cause I do know the basting you are talking about here has nothing to do with a turkey.

    Those two women that swiped your tile. I would have got all kinds of angry and then I would have thought, what the heck is up with that? I woulda let them walk with the tile. Confrontation hasn't been my style for about 25 years. I miss it kinda.

    ReplyDelete