Monday, July 5, 2010

The mind... it's gone.

I got a postcard from the post office today, requesting that I please go there at my earliest convenience.  I went, and apparently last week I picked up a package that I don't remember ordering, and then left it behind on the counter and walked away.  I have no recollection of even going there, but that's not to say that it didn't happen. Either way, the result is that I now have four new books from Amazon that I don't remember ordering.  And the people at the post office think I'm a blithering idiot.

On the TMI front, I was looking up my last time I got my legs waxed so that I'd know when to book the next appointment, and it occurred to me that my dogs need to get groomed fairly soon too.  I then started riffling through my stuff, looking for their next appointment and discovered a card that says they had an appointment on June 26th.  Holy Shit, I thought; that means that I forgot to take the dogs in AGAIN for another appointment and now the groomer's definitely going to fire us as a client.  I was just about to have a panic attack about where I'd possibly take the dogs to get groomed because good groomers around here are such a rare commodity.   Then I remembered that I took the dogs in last week.  She practically skinned Cotton.  She cut his hair so short that his freckles are showing, and he has to wear a shirt when he goes outside so that he doesn't get a sun burn.   And yet, I forgot about that.  You know, because that's not memorable at all.

The brain just isn't working lately.  Apparently it went on summer holidays without me.

As an aside and possible explanation, in "Back to the Future", Doc set the clock in the DeLorean to a day 25 years in the future.  Today is that day, and I think that makes me officially old.



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world. Having gone through a surgery and having my hip replacement pop out and have to be put back in again meant anesthesia and morphine and other drugs in January and again in February. They say it takes 6 months to a year to clear the crap out of your system and twice within a month ... when I go brain dead (and I do it often) I just blame the drugs. I figure I can get away with it at least till the end of the year. Then I'll just own up to officially being brain dead. You'll get it all back, too much stress & heat maybe. Hang in and hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where your comment went, Katie's Mom. I read it earlier today, and it says there's a comment to this blog entry... I just can't see it. Hopefully it'll be back before long.

    What you said about anesthesia makes sense. It's been almost eight months since my surgery, but I believe that it could affect you at least for a few months. That stuff knocked me on my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if you haven't had surgery or anethesia or morphine or anything like that and your mind is still gone? I would *LIKE* to have morphine in order to have something to blame it on.

    ReplyDelete