Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Visitors

A couple of days ago I kept hearing these loud shrieks.  I thought it was one of the neighbourhood kids playing with a new toy; but it wasn't long before this little creature showed up outside my window.


It may not be as impressive a bird photo as some of you have posted (Ahem Rural Rambler... whose photos I've seriously considered asking for copies to frame.) but this is my first birdie visitor.

He/she's a barely out of the nest, teen aged robin.  He/she must have been separated from the clutch because he/she was shouting for them pretty loudly.  No worries, though.  A few minutes later, he/she moved over to the side of the house and quieted right down.  I think they were reconnected.

Another visitor arrived today.  Can you guess who is was?


The sky looks deceptively dry in that picture.  It's actually been monsooning outside since this afternoon, and the rain caught another of the roofer's crew unawares.  As a result he'll be spending the next couple of days doing damage control (sure am glad that's not my house), but tells me he hopes to get back to work where the fur flies by the end of the week.

It won't be long now!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo you have yourself a baby Robin. CH was just saying yesterday that he is so surprised, what with all the worm hunting Robins we have in our yard, we have not seen one speckle breasted baby Robin! And copies of pictures are all yours any old time no problem, gosh thank you :) And I am happy that isn't your house too, I want all to go smooth with your new roof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little fella (the bird - not the roofer) -- on my way to work this morning somebody had hit one of those geese that wanders across the road and a kind soul stopped to put it in her minivan. Hopefully the little guy will be OK. Just hoping it wasn't my impatient husband who hit the bird on his way into work ;-) kidding, luckily he drives the opposite direction..

    ReplyDelete