And somehow, I can't stand letting it go. I have never in my life spent this much money on art. And yet, this is a once in a life time purchase that I can't go back and buy later if I don't do it now.
I'm scheming. Although there is a refund on the way for the computer equipment that I bought, the insurance claim in general has not be processed. I'm expecting a substantial cheque... eventually. Here's the thing, though - I get replacement value on the items that were lost. The insurance lady told me that I would get a cash settlement for the smaller items, but would have to go out and buy the larger items and produce receipts to get any money back for them. I don't know what they consider smaller items or larger items. Come to think of it, I don't trust the insurance company, period. (They're in business to make money, after all, not give it away. No doubt that they'll be looking for any means possible to reduce my claim.)
If you're having to scheme to come up with money that you haven't yet received (aren't sure that you'll get), then you probably shouldn't spend it, eh?
But, most of the items that were in the basement were down there because I don't use them. If I used some of the cash settlement to buy an original painting of my dog, would that be a bad thing?
I just sent an email to the artist, asking her to please wait a day or two for me to fight with my conscience before she sells the painting. I can't imagine finally deciding that I'll buy it, only to find that it's already sold.
A Quick Afternoon Match
14 hours ago