First, the new shows:
- I called Crap on Charlie's Angels, right out of the gate. It took 30 second or less for me to rule it out.
- The Playboy Club was also quick to be ruled out. I like looking at LeAnn Rimes' guy, so I may have given it a few more minutes. Either way, I had no choice but to eventually call Crap on it too.
- I didn't even bother to watch Whitney. I'm not a big fan of sitcoms with canned laughter, and this one seemed like junk.
- I don't think Ringer will last. The premier wasn't bad, but the following shows weren't so good.
- Revenge is iffy. I can't decide if I like it.
- Pan Am is too slow. I find it a little boring, actually.
- Free Agents is the only new sitcom that I bothered to watch, and only because I have a secret crush on Hank Azaria. It's not doing much for me, though, so I think I'm going to rule it out.
- I don't think A Gifted Man will last. It's OK, in a so-so way, but I think it'll get cancelled.
- Person of Interest is good. I like the twists and turns. Although, I can't decide if the main character is extremely attractive or ugly as sin.
- Unforgettable is good too, in a formulaic way. I hope it lasts. (I was a big fan of Without a Trace)
- I like Prime Suspect. So far, it's good. I didn't see the original, so I can't make comparisons.
Returning Shows haven't Impressed me so much.
- I can't watch Dancing with the Stars anymore. Not even for Maksim.
- Glee, which I loved during the first season, has been getting steadily worse. I don't think I'll watch it anymore.
- The Mentalist has been deleted out of the PVR Schedule. I don't enjoy watching a rude and lazy guy manipulate people that way.
- The big surprise to me is that lately Criminal Minds has been too disturbing. This has been my favorite show for years, so that's kind of upsetting. They're taking a darker approach this year, and I'm finding that I'm anxious for the show to be over.
- Castle's iffy. It seems a little too formulated, to the point that the episodes start to blend together.
- Grey's is still the same. I'll probably stick with it for now.
- I thought I was going to have to give up Law and Order, SVU without Christopher Meloni, but so far I'm liking his replacements. I liked that guy in Cold Case, and the woman who was in Chase last year before it was cancelled.
- I'm still sticking with Flashpoint, which is a Canadian show. It's not great, but it's entertaining.
- I still love the Good Wife. Long live the strong and accomplished woman.
I think that's it. It appears that I'll be cutting back on tv this year. I hope I can find some great books to replace them.