- Today was the sad day that I packed up all my sandals and open toed shoes, and pulled out the cold weather - I can wear socks under these - shoes.
- I came upon a woman this afternoon who was standing in the rain beside her car and madly waving me down. When I stopped, she explained that she'd locked her purse and keys in her vehicle, and asked me to call her husband for her. I did. After she got off the call, she offered me money. Who would think that a payment would be required for something as simple as that?
- As much as I love the Nest Chair, it occurred to me today that a day bed might be the more responsible choice.
- I am somebody who always runs a little cold, and I'm very sensitive to the temperature. If it drops even a degree or two in the house, I know. I wish I could be one of those people who could keep their house at 18C all the time, but I can't. It doesn't matter how many layers I wear, I can't stop shivering at anything less than 21C (Room Temperature).
- It's been cold outside lately, about 10C most days. All week this week, I've been Freezing. Cold. I keep checking the thermostat to confirm that the temp was at 21C, which it is, but it's been so bad that I've been giving serious thought to wearing a toque and some mitts. I can't decide if I've been that cold because of the drop in the weather outside, or if the new spray foam insulation isn't working. I hope it's the weather, and the cold is all in my head. If the thermostat says 21C, then it wouldn't be the insulation, would it?
- Today, I went up the chain with the insurance company. I talked to four people in Quebec, a lady in Ottawa, somebody in Calgary and then a very nice lady in in Vancouver. She promised to look into my concerns and call me back, which she did. She can't promise me how long it'll take to process my claim, but she did track down a copy of the receipt from when I bought the computer equipment to work from home (which is replacing items destroyed in the flood.) She promised me that I'd have a cheque in 7-10 days.
Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta Meal Prep
14 hours ago