Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Questions

How can the evil neighbour honestly believe that two 10" (yes, inch) tall cedar trees, planted in 24" round pots on either side of his garage door really spruces up his curb appeal?

With a cream and taupe house, soon-to-be brown roof, black front door, and a purple front porch... should the rocking chairs be orange, raspberry or red? (Cover your eyes, colour phobes!)

How often can you eat popcorn for dinner before your diet officially becomes unhealthy?

If you forget to take your dogs to their grooming appointment and wasted at least 2-3 hours of the very in-demand groomer's time, how much should you grovel? What gift would be appropriate when she does agree not to fire you as a client? Gold, frankincense, myrrh?

What is it about purchasing a book titled 'Sh*t My Dad Says' that prompts Amazon to repeatedly recommend books about Apartheid in Africa, or scientific proof of Evolution?

How many vodka paralyzers are too many vodka paralyzers?

5 comments:

  1. Ummmm. I don't know about the answers to your Friday questions. But I have a Saturday question that you certainly don't have to answer, but how is your 'revolt' going? I have never heard of a vodka paralyzer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Look at your logo: purple porch = red rockers.
    *Popcorn for dinner remains a perfectly healthy diet as long as you occasionally replace it with wine, cheese & crackers.
    *Re: groomer: all three and maybe a vodka paralyzer.
    Good weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO, Raspberry, Never, Myrrh, I don't know, when you can't type anymore, plus what is a vodka paralyzer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no - a LOT of groveling is in order

    P.S. you were quit the rebel dancing to that Hell song :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. RR - The revolt has been semi successful. I ended up going into the Dr earlier than expected. He's seen the swelling and was impressed enough to send me off for more tests. I took the diuretics after I saw him; but the blood tests aren't going to happen until Tuesday, so I'm still off iron. Because of that, the diuretics are only slightly effective.

    Katie's Mom - the logo is actually purple and raspberry; which is OK because raspberry is the current front runner.

    Linlay - Never? I don't know that I want to live in a world with no popcorn for dinner.

    Carma - you can't imagine the depths of my rebellion (or lack thereof)...I think I was put on this earth to make up for my sister. :P

    Lots and lots of groveling is in order. I happen to know that the groomer is an avid gardener, so I plan to pick up a couple of spectacular lily plants in the hopes that she'll let me and the yahoos back in.

    Vodka paralyzers... full disclosure: I don't drink. Vodka paralyzers are about the only alcoholic drink that I do have, and I think it's been about four years. I've just had a wicked craving for some reason lately.

    Also, vodka paralyzers are something that you should taste before you know the ingredients. Somehow, people seem to like them better that way. They're a shot of vodka, a shot of kahlua, then two shots of coke and milk (each). Yum.

    ReplyDelete