Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mother Nature decides for me

I'm on vacation for the next week. I always book the first week of June off so that I can garden. I was going to add a shade garden in the single, small little spot of my yard that gets no sun.

It's good to add diversity to the yard, isn't it? Peonies, lilacs and roses are great; but every yard needs some ferns, right?

Actually, as much as that may be true, the reason why I'm putting a garden in is that I can't for the life of me maneuver the lawnmower into that corner of the yard. I figured that growing something in that area that doesn't need to be cut with any sort of regularity would solve that problem. So, I lay down plastic a month or so ago, and I was going to spend this week digging in a garden and planting shade loving plants.

Mother nature seems to have other plans. I woke up this morning to see big fluffy flakes falling from the sky, and it snowed all day long. Everything is white.

And so, gardening has once again been postponed. In the meantime, I've got a week off with nothing that I have to do.

Today, I read for a while, watched the season finale of Grey's and did a little painting. Oh, and I had popcorn for dinner. That maybe wasn't so good. I love popcorn, but it wasn't by choice this time: I had popcorn because it was either that or plain spaghetti noodles. The cupboards are seriously bare. I even had to make kettle corn because I didn't have any butter for regular popcorn. So, tomorrow I should probably go to the grocery store. Or order a pizza. I guess that depends on whether or not I can convince myself to get out of my pajamas.

Either way, I'm on vacation now; and apparently Mother Nature has decided that I'm going to be taking it easy.

5 comments:

  1. Grey's finale was ...bloody intense, no?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the snow. We were getting a little tired of changing Wednesday to Snowday. Yesterday was the most glorious day we've had. All my flowerbeds are done, I still need to finish the pond but the rest is just maintenance now. It got in to the 70's here yesterday and it's supposed to get there again today and, hopefully, stay warm ... until it turns hot. I just want the sun! Enjoy your vacation and get all you can out of doing nothing. We don't get those days very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNOW! Seriously? Janice do enjoy your vacation and take it easy, it will be nice to be away from work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's where the snow went. I wondered what happened after it left central California last Friday. You can keep it there. Please. Enjoy your vacation, though. The gardening will happen soon enough.

    ReplyDelete