Monday, May 10, 2010

My Poor Table...

Once a year on the Mother's Day long weekend, there's a wholesale nursery nearby that opens up to the public. I went this year, and managed to find some great deals. Six packs of seedlings were $2 instead of the usual $6 or $8. 6" pots were only $6, and a full sized hanging pots were about half price.

I picked up three flats of snap dragons, marigolds, impatiens, freesia, pansies, tomato seedlings, dahlias and more... I probably managed to get half the annuals that I'll need this year. The only problem is that we're almost a month away from when it'll be safe to plant annuals outside. In the meantime, the plants need sun and shelter inside the house. And that means that they'll be living on my dining room table.

(The tulips are left over from last week's party.)

Until it warms up enough for me to plant them all, I'll be eating my dinners in my lazy boy chair.

2 comments: